Wine and Spirits Top 100 Wineries
Wine Spectator Top 100 2010
Wine Spectator Top 100 2011
firehouse

Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Syrah

 

Winemaking

Crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 48 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand-punched and pressed directly to barrel where the wine finished both primary and secondary fermentations.

Vintage

After two consecutive years of cooler vintages, normal harvest conditions were prevalent in 2012. Hot days, cool nights and plentiful sun stuck around all summer and throughout harvest.  This weather allowed for leisurely ripening which permitted long hang times producing balanced and elegant wines.

Vineyard

Ciel du Cheval was the first vineyard planted on Red Mountain and is expertly managed by owner Jim Holmes.  This wine blends 2 Syrah clones from Ciel du Cheval, Clone 174 and Tablas Creek.

 

available

Wine Details

Release Info: Released January 2016

Appelation: Red Mountain

Vineyards:
• Ciel Du Cheval

Blend:
• 100% Syrah

Cooperage: 40% New Frech and Hungarian oak barrels from Demptos and Radoux cooperages with the remaining 60% in older French Barrels for 21 months

Acidity & PH: 3.69 0.62

Alcohol: 14.4

Cases: 150 Cases

Prices: $28/bottle   $302.4/case