Syrah

sold out

Wine Details

Release Info: Bottled March 2011 Released February 2013

Appelation: Columbia Valley

Vineyards:
• Ciel du Cheval Vineyard
 (Red Mountain)
• Bacchus Vineyard
 (Columbia Valley)
• Alder Ridge Vineyard
 (Horse Heaven Hills)

Blend:
• 100% Syrah

Cooperage: 25% new Hungarian oak barrels coopered by Demptos with the remaining 75% in second and third fill French oak for 17 months.

Acidity & PH: 3.76 0.60

Alcohol: 14.5%

Prices: $25/bottle   $270/case

Winemaking

Crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 48 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand-punched and pressed directly to barrel.  Some wine was pressed so primary fermentation was finished in the barrel while some was allowed to finish primary in the 1.5 ton bins and then pressed so that both wine finished secondary fermentation in the barrel.

Vintage

Similar to the 2007 vintage, hot conditions in late spring and early summer were offset by cooler night time temperatures all summer and cooler day and night time temperatures closer to maturity, maintaining high natural acidity levels, creating balanced flavors and allowing for extended hang times.

Tasting Notes

A deep ruby colored wine full of boysenberry and huckleberry fruit aromas and a hint of white pepper. Chocolate covered blackberries and a dark berry jammy core are followed by sweet velvety tannins and a lingering finish begging you to have one more drink.

92 Points Wine Spectator

SOLD OUT!

 

Related News & Accolades

Recent Reviews: Wine Advocate & Wine Spectator