Sagemoor Vineyard Reserve

sold out

Wine Details

Vineyards:
• 100% Sagemoor Vineyard

Blend:
• 50% Cabernet Sauvignon
• 25% Merlot
• 25% Cabernet Franc

Cooperage: 63% new French oak, with the remaining 37% second vintage French oak. Select barrels from the best forests of Taransaud, Boutes, Dargaud & Jaegle coopers.

Acidity & PH: pH 3.67 & Total Acidity 0.63

Alcohol: 14.63%

Cases: 182 Cases

Prices: $50/bottle   $540/case

Winemaking:

Crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 72 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand punched and pressed directly to barrel where the wine finished both primary and secondary fermentations.

Vintage:

The arrival of hot temperatures in late spring and early summer was offset by cool nighttime temperatures all summer long, and by cooler weather at harvest which maintained optimum acidity levels for extended hang times and balanced flavors.

Vineyard:

Sagemoor Vineyards Group includes Sagemoor, Bacchus, Dionysus and Weinbau Vineyards.  Bacchus is an esteemed site of old vine vineyards overlooking the Columbia River, just north of Pasco, WA.  Weinbau Vineyard is located on the eastern edge of the Wahluke Slope AVA, overlooking the Columbia near Mattawa. 

Tasting Notes:

Slightly gamey with earthy mushroom and blackberry, the wine evolves into a vivacious party of jammy black cherry and berries, with  smooth sweet tannins and bright acidity keeping the balance.

Related News & Accolades

New Wine Enthusiast Reviews for Tamarack

Wine Press Northwest: May, 2012