DuBrul Vineyard Reserve

sold out

Wine Details

Vineyards:
• 100% DuBrul Vineyard

Blend:
• 62% Cabernet Sauvignon
• 31% Merlot
• 7% Cabernet Franc

Cooperage: The wine spent 22 months on 67% new French oak, with the remaining 33% in second vintage French oak. Select barrels from the best forests of Boutes, Taransaud, Dargaud et Jaegle, and Vicard cooperages.

Acidity & PH: pH: 3.56, Total Acidity: 0.64

Alcohol: 14.1%

Cases: 228 Cases

Prices: $50/bottle   $540/case

Winemaking

Crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 48 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand punched and pressed directly to barrel where the wine finished both primary and secondary fermentations.

Vintage

The arrival of hot temperatures in late spring and early summer was offset by cool nighttime temperatures all summer long and by cooler weather at harvest which maintained optimum natural acidity levels for extended hang times and balanced flavors.

Vineyard

DuBrul Vineyard is located in the Rattlesnake Hills Appellation, which consists of the northern part of the Yakima Valley Appellation, on a famed site in the small town of Outlook, Washington.  The vineyard is lovingly farmed by Dr. Hugh and Kathi Shiels.

Tasting Notes

Aromas of lilacs and ripe dark berries lead to a rich, complex middle, with lush, sweet tannins, soft oak and leather notes integrated with sweet black cherries and blackberries.  The finish is focused and lingering with rich caramel and mocha, and the elegance we've come to expect from this vineyard.

96 POINTS WINE ENTHUSIAST  "DUBRUL is perhaps the single most  sought-after vineyard in Yakima Valley, and at this price this Tamarack selection is an absolute steal" Paul Gregett